Magic The Gathering: Friday Night Magic
On May 1st we will be hosting our first Friday Night Magic Event (Tournament).
Format: Standard Tournament (Swiss Rounds)
Prize Structure: All entry fees will be redistributed as store credit.
Standard format uses the two most recently-released blocks, as well as the current core set. When a new block is launched, the oldest block rotates out of the list. The following card sets are currently permitted in standard format:
- Magic Origins (effective July 17, 2015)
- Dragons of Tarkir (effective March 27, 2015)
- Fate Reforged
- Khans of Tarkir
- Magic 2015
- Journey into Nyx
- Born of the Gods
Standard is also a constructed deck format, so the normal constructed rules apply:
- Minimum of sixty cards
- No maximum deck size, as long as you can shuffle your deck unassisted
- Up to fifteen cards in your sideboard, if used
- No more than four of any individual card in your main deck and sideboard combined (with the exception of basic lands)
The Swiss structure awards 3 points for a win, 0 points for a loss, and 1 point for a draw. In the first round, players are paired randomly. For every subsequent round players are paired against those with the same or similar match records (everyone with three wins and no losses plays someone else with three wins and no losses, etc).